ultrasonic leak detector
The CygScope RD uses detection of ultrasound to allow the user to quickly and accurately find leaks in industrial machinery, faults in electrical insulation and early wear in bearings.
The friction and leakages of gases and liquids produce ultrasound. The intensity of the detected ultrasound is displayed on the LED bar graph and is made audible through either the internal loudspeaker or headphones.
In addition, the CygScope RD has a digital LCD readout to allow comparative measurements to be taken for regular maintenance checks over given periods.
- Compressed-air or vacuum systems
- Steam Traps
- Motor and rail vehicles: test seals in cabins, doors, boot/trunk or cold storage chambers, check fuel injection in diesel engines.
- In Industry: verify steam-pipe seals, seal integrity or fittings and condenser drains, search for faults in electrical insulation, detection of early wear in bearings with rotating parts.
- Used in conjunction with contact probe, CygScope RD facilitates predictive maintenance of potential bearing failure.
CygScope RD ultrasonic listening device, ultrasonic air probe C50, flexible cable, battery charger, high-quality headphones, directional tube, transportation case, leather instrument case, shoulder strap, operation and accessories manual.
- Ultrasound amplitude clearly displayed on the LCD screen and LED bar-graph.
- Equipped with a second amplification circuit, the LCD readout is independent of the LED bar-graph.
- Audio alert through built-in loudspeaker or headphones.
- The function of storing maximum value of an ultrasound signal helps locate the source of the maximum amplitude.
- Backlight switches on automatically when the ambient light is low.
- Practical, robust instrument suited to virtually all types of leak detection.
- Highly sensitive, with a large variety of probes.
- Simple to use.