self-contained breathing apparatus
SPIROMATIC S8 is the eighth generation NIOSH and NFPA approved SCBA from Interspiro. It combines the latest electronic developments and a new harness concept with the proven performance of the Spiromatic-S series 1st stage regulator, 2nd stage breathing valve and the unique S-Mask with ambient air hatch.
Key components of the Spiromatic S8:
SpiroGuide Digital Display
The SpiroGuide Digital Display can be configured to show one or more of these screens:
- Cylinder pressure symbol
- Cylinder pressure in psi
- Remaining air time based on actual breathing rate
- Absorbed temperature
Wireless Heads-Up Display (HUD)
The wireless HUD continuously provides hands-free indication of cylinder pressure and low air alarms. Your HUD indications can easily be seen by your buddies thanks to the Buddy Light feature. The HUD also gives you PASS status to the wearer. It is well protected inside the face mask and can easily be removed without tools.
Robust ergonomic design maximising comfort, mobility and strength. The unique double pivot feature allows the shoulder straps and waist belt to move independently, ensuring optimal weight distribution during all fire fighting operations.
S-Mask with Integrated Second Stage Breathing Valve
The integrated second stage in the face mask provides wide field of vision, better sealing due to optimal weight distribution and clear speech quality. Better hygiene is another benefit as no one has to "share" a contaminated second stage. The regulator remains securely connected and well protected at all times. Ambient air is available at any time without removing the second stage, this is safer and quicker than removing and re-mounting the second stage valve.
- Integrated PASS and SCBA computer with 360° lights. High visibility and powerful sound SCBA computer protected under cylinder.
- SpiroGuide Digital Display. Powerful backlight PASS status indicators and easy operation buttons.
- Simple, Proven S-Mask Design. Secure, integrated second stage regulator Ambient air hatch with instant-on air High performance breathing.
- Robust and comfortable harness. Optimal weight distribution.
- Adjustable in four sizes from inside of harness. Easy adjustment for different body size.
- Large rescue handle. Easy to grab and drag out fire fighter in an emergency.
- Wireless Heads-Up Display (HUD). Easy installation in mask